We haven’t done very much in the garden lately apart from tidying up, but today I wanted to get the asters and rudbeckias in the ground as well as cutting a few things back. The bindweed has started to make its presence felt in the front garden so that needed a bit of attention as well. J cut the lawn and chopped back the hedge next to the greenhouse – we are thinking of digging it up altogether and planting something lower-growing.
We also cut out some of the lawn to shape the far end a little and this is where the asters have been planted. The rudbeckias have gone into flower beds anywhere there was a suitable space. And I moved the sarcococca as it was being swamped by other things. It seemed ok, and was putting on new growth, but it’ll have a bit more room to breathe now.
Lots of things are flowering or just about to. Most of the plants in tubs and containers are doing well, though the geraniums have been a big disappointment. They have simply not done anything much since they went in the various containers – there are some in the troughs under the living room window but they’re almost completely hidden by the other plants.
Anyway, other things are doing well so here are some photos:
Lots of flowers:
And some of the containers:
The front garden seemed to be alive with damselflies this morning. I saw a brilliant electric blue one but wasn’t quick enough to get a picture so you’ll have to make do with these:
Finally, the raspberries. Or rather, raspberry. One ripe fruit this morning – lots of others forming, so as long as we can get to them before the birds do, we should have at least a few.
Yes, we ate it. Yes, it was delicious.