That would be me. A clumsy article. Always have been. Today was going to be a day of weeding, moving things around and splitting plants such as primroses, but… part way through the morning I shut my thumb in a door, so that was pretty much it.
I did achieve some weeding and removed the wallflowers, so that’s something. I also managed (post-injury) to plant out a self-sown aquilegia and several pulmonaria. Then I took some pictures:
Just in the last couple of weeks everything has started to go mad. The peony looks the best it has since we’ve been here, and there are loads of buds still to open. The ceanothus at the front is covered in bud sand will be glorious in a week or so. At the back, the aquilegias are ridiculously tall, the tallest things in that bed. The weather has been pretty good for the garden over that last few weeks – mostly warm, some rain but dry and sunny too, and the mixture has brought everything along wonderfully. It feels as though we are getting it right (mostly) though I do have to report the total loss of the nemesia, which has been lovely the last two summers, and sadly none of my artemisia cuttings have taken so I will be looking for some new plants.
Never mind. Onwards and upwards.