As promised yesterday, this morning I ventured forth with the Sony to get some better close-up pictures of the various goings-on in the garden. A combination of settings has produced interesting results – at first I used the basic lens and the portrait or macro setting, then went back with the macro converter to see what difference that could make.
In amongst the detailed shots I took a few of particular colour combinations which I found pleasing, and managed some (not very clear) pictures of bees enjoying themselves. So first, a few without the macro converter. Mostly on the macro setting, one or two using portrait.
Still just on the macro setting, a couple of bees:
Now some macro converter shots.
You may notice the framing effect in some of those shots, I’m pleased with how they came out. And just because why not, here’s a comparison of the same flower taken on the basic macro setting then with the converter – it’s a catananche, just coming into flower and with loads more buds waiting to open:
I could have cropped the first one but the resolution would still be better on the second.
All in all some good results there, and much to build on.